Information Technology Business Analyst (2013 to Present)
North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations
North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Raleigh, NC
- Formal project management methodologies; SCRUM and Waterfall software development process;
- Gathering and documenting business requirements, business analysis of project concepts, testing of product deliverables, provide and monitoring user acceptance testing and system validation for unique Information Technology efforts;
- Development and deployment of the IT DPS Strategic Learning Strategy to include identification appropriate media, development of training material, and the instructor-led and distance learning initiatives;
- IT Service Management includes ensuring alignment of DPS business units and Information Services through IT Service Governance by analyzing and documenting services, policies, and procedures. Development of IT services not currently supported by Information Services Unit that required by DPS business units. Develop process and policies regarding roles, responsibilities, and workflows to help business process perform more proficiently;
- Business Continuity Plan Administration duties include gathering information and maintenance of the business continuity plans for DPS business units and provide assistance with Executive Order 102; and
- Development and Maintenance of various sections of the DPS Strategic Plan.
Technology Support Analyst (2011 to 2013)
NC FAST Project
NC Department of Health and Human Services, Raleigh, NC
Training Developer/Technology Lead responsibilities included: Creating Technical Plans for development and management of Help System; ILT/WBT/Job Aid creation and statewide training and on-site user support on web-based application and procedures. Applications used include MS PowerPoint, Adobe FrameMaker, Captivate, Fireworks Dreamweaver, TortoiseSVN, and the RoboHelp HTML.
- Designed, developed, tested, implemented, and currently administer server based NCFAST Help System;
- Create and update FrameMaker templates for application and procedural documentation including trainer, trainee, and procedure manuals;
- Create and Maintain the Style Guide and Procedures for the operation of FrameMaker and RoboHelp; and
- Provide FrameMaker, TortoiseSVN, and Captivate expert advice and training to team members.
Business Systems Analyst (2010 to 2011)
North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts, Raleigh, NC
Technology/Business analyst, trainer and field support specialist in the area of juvenile case management. Provided statewide technical training and on-site user support for web-based application (Jwise) and procedures in accordance to NC General Statues related to delinquency and undisciplined juveniles. Application user-interaction analyst: positioned between the programmers and the user to assist in developing user scenarios, a user object models, and a navigational models for the user interface for the judicial application.
- Documented and Tested changes to the Administrative Office of the Courts application processes;
- Provided Technical and Procedural Support for Judges and Clerks of Court;
- Conducted technical and procedural trainings and one-on-one support; and
- Created and Updated application and procedural training and documentation.
Webmaster (2008 to 2010)
Saint Augustine’s University, Raleigh, NC
Responsibilities included the design, development, maintenance of the institution web presence; all web operations, ensured web site uptime, and optimal performance using harvested web and digital analytics. Additional responsibilities included oversight of brand management, adherence to corporate identity standards, budgetary compliance, identification of need; outsourcing projects components, and coordination of Internet activities. Communicated web site opportunities and limitations as required.
- Made Strategic Decisions to included internet technology diversification that enabled the institution to increase its web presence from 150 pages to over 700;
- Organized and Authored the institutions first formal set of web strategy, policies, & procedures;
- Provided training to faculty and staff on the maintenance of Web pages and applications;
- Maintained Continuous Alignment of Program Scope with strategic objectives, and made recommendations to modify programs to successfully support strategic goals; and
- Developed Technical Architecture of department and program Web sites.
Interim Webmaster (2008)
Johnston Community College, Raleigh, NC
Provided creative direction for web presence and professional support for departments and programs; Developed strategic initiatives for online marketing of the College and ensured accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Evaluated operations, and recommended improvements and modifications;
- Produced utilization/status reports and resolved day-to-day issues; and
- Developed and maintained productive relationships with faculty and staff to facilitate institutional web presence evaluation.
Adjunct Business Instructor (2003 to 2008)
Johnston Community College, Raleigh, NC
Responsibilities included the development of effective and innovative technical curriculum, training, and assessment models. Applications taught: Adobe Suite: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Acrobat with LiveCycle; Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Web Technologies: Introduction to the Internet, HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), XML (Extensible Markup Language), XHTML (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language), CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Web Standards: HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol), TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol over Internet Protocol). Accessibility: Section 508 Compliance.
- Developed curriculum and competency systems;
- Built a positive rapport with management, students and colleagues;
- Addressed retention issues by integrating career planning and personal goal setting as part of a custom curriculum; and
- Managed annual budget for materials and supplies.